Red Bean Paste Iced Matcha Milk Tea
- 1 1/2 cups Chippewa Valley Kidney Beans (300 gr), soaked overnight
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 gr)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1. Wash and strain the red kidney beans. In a large pot, add kidney beans and pour water until 1 inch above the beans. Bring it to a boil over medium high heat for 5 minutes. Drain the beans and discard the water.
- 2. Return the beans to the pot and pour water until 1 inch above the beans. Cover, and simmer over medium low heat until the beans are soft and easily breakable for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Turn off the heat, and let it cool for about 20 minutes.
- 3. Strain and discard the liquid. Using a hand blender, mash the bean coarsely. You may add little bit water to help mashing the beans.
- 4. Put the mashed beans back into the pot in medium heat. Add granulated sugar in 3 batches while stirring constantly. Taste to adjust the sweetness each time you add each batch. Add salt and turn off the heat.
- 5. Let it cool completely before storing red bean paste into the fridge.
- 2 tbsp matcha powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup hot water (80 ml)
- 4 tbsp sweet Red Bean Paste
- 2 cups milk (480 ml)
- 2-3 cups ice cubes, for serving
- 1. In a glass or small bowl, mix matcha, sugar, and hot water with spoon or milk frother until well combined. Set aside.
- 2. Add 2 tbsp sweet red bean paste into each tall glass, then enough ice to fill the glass. Pour 1 cup of milk into each glass.
- 3. Pour the matcha mixture into each cup. Enjoy.