Duck Rillette Goat Cheese and Crostini
- 4 confit duck legs, meat removed
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon Cognac
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Salt and fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons confit duck fat
- 1. In a food processor with a metal blade, combine all the ingredients together. Pulse the ingredients 5 times until the mixture resembles finely chopped meat. Season the mixture with salt and black pepper.
- 2. Store the mixture into an airtight container until ready to use. Will store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- 1 baguette, halved, and sliced crosswise 3/8-inch thick
- 1 jar Silver Spring Cranberry Horseradish
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Superior Fresh Microgreens
- Syrupy balsamic vinegar
- 1. Toast the bread in a toaster and while it is still warm, spread the cheese on each slice to cover it entirely.
- 2. Please spoonful of cranberry horseradish on top of goat cheese
- 3. Place a spoonful of duck on each piece of the bread with spreads applied
- 4. Top that with a few microgreens, and drizzle lightly with the balsamic vinegar
- 5. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.